Sunday, June 22, 2008

Up, up and away!!!

Well, this is the first post before I head off on the ACCE 2008 study tour. To be honest with the busy end of the term I haven't really had too much time to contemplate the full ins and outs of the tour, but I'm sure hte time on the plane will help with that.

I head into it full off ideas that I think are possible now, but hope to gain greater insights into what is currently being done around the world with a view to Sandhurst schools being seen in time as innovative leaders in the use of ICT and teaching and learning.

The map below has a brief outline of the tour, but the main points are school visits (primary & secondary) in NZ, workshops and visits to Apple HQ, Googl HQ and Oracle in San Francisco and the ISTE conference for 5 days in San Antonio, with 17,500 other like minded educators.


Well I'm off to get some sleep before flying out. I am excited, but also anxious about missing my girls, Nick and Lou, but through iChat, Skype, email, txt, phone and this blog I'll be as connected as possible while being 20,000+ km's away.

My aim is post each day, hopefully I wont be having too much fun to forget!!!


0 comments: